Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #9


So I decided to type in Marching Band just so see what all I would get. Well, along with this interesting picture of a band from Portugal taken by Simon Blackley, and of course many pictures of bands and competitions across our country, I got a lot of pictures from other countries. That made me begin to think of a great idea, why not allow students to see what other students in other countries are doing within the same type of activity! After all, since music is the universal language, why not try a little Universal Marching Band. I think this will be quite interesting and fun for students. Obviously pictures are such a great resource for us as teachers, and within this category of marching band (a visual production anyway) an essential tool for teaching. I was somewhat familiar with Flickr, having seen the name on pictures, but I had never actually searched it. This was a fun activity and I look forward to putting together the slide show on the next"thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment