Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #5

Before I write the assigned topic, I just want to say I really enjoyed learning about the RSS feeds. I had seen them before but had absolutely no idea what it was about. This thing has been fun to work on. Anyway, the assignment is to talk about a post on the reader. I was interested in reading the NECC convention blog. Of course, it is talking about a technology convention in Washington DC, but it made me think of the two conventions a year that I attend and how technology has changed them. The blogger was writing about using various technologies to get the most from the convention and at our conventions that is now possible. For instance, many times speakers that I want to hear are at the same time, and I used to have to make a decision, but now with podcasting and such technology, I can still get all the information and not miss anything. I hope to use many of the thing I am learning to help in my convention experience this summer and next spring.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my RSS feeds. Actually, without them, I would have a really difficult time keeping up with all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete