Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #16

Library Thing is very interesting. I enjoy books a lot in fact, i have been known to hang around a bookstore or two so much that the rest of my family will leave me behind. However, as much as I am intrigued by it and will probably join it, it would not be a tool I could use much in my classroom. However, what a great tool to use personally for just books on various interests that I have and also for some professional development books. I like the way it is organized. In the author search, I typed in "Clancy" because I know he is a famous author, but there are a LOT of people named Clancy! Then, for a tag, I typed in "camping" because I read a lot of outdoor books and I was surprised at how big the list was. Of course it listed every book that had that theme in it, but that proves what a great research tool it is. I am not a big group or discussion person, so I don't know if I would use those features, but for those that do, what a great place to connect with people of common interest! I enjoyed exploring this site and not only will I be back, it will be a place I recommend to friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment