Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing #1

As I look upon the list of the 7 1/2 habits, I find that many of them are things I do on a regular basis. I am and always have been a very goal oriented person and I am almost a compulsive "listmaker". Probably the biggest challenge will be getting used to using technology for everything. I really like technology and love learning new things about it, but many times it is not always my first choice to use (age maybe?). For instance, many times I will use a legal pad and write notes instead of making a spreadsheet, or using some sort of technology or program to do the same task.
However even with all that said, I am really looking forward to learning new things because I always enjoy that. I have always enjoyed learning about things that are not as familiar to me. As a band/music teacher, music is very important and I still have much to learn about it, but I love watching other teachers/craftsmen work and learning from them especially in subject matters that are very different. Anyway, I think the easiest habit will be setting a goal and accepting responsiblity to work toward it.
I think the most important habit for me to have as I work through this course is viewing problems as challenges. Already, as i have begun this process I have had computer issues or program issues and I worked through them and learned something from it. I know that process will continue and if i will not allow myself to be frustrated, I can really benefit

No comments:

Post a Comment