Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #13

You know, when you are sent to a site called delicious it might make you hungry. Well, obviously this site is not about good food, however, I am sure you can search and find things about that. But today as I explored the site I was looking for things I can use in my teaching. Obviously, I am a band director and as such, I teach both marching and concert bands but in addition to those types of bands, I also teach a jazz band. One of the things I have had to search for is resources. Many times in the years I have taught that class, we have not had enough students for a performing ensemble, so we have learned about the original American art form called jazz. With that thought in mind, I chose to search for jazz websites that could be used as resources by myself and my students. I found several that I can use and I know there are plenty more. I found delicious very easy to use, easy to read, easy to go from sites to sites, and overall very user friendly. I do a lot of internet searches for all kinds of things and have noticed tags before, but this is the first time I have tagged something. Many of the sites I tagged already had been tagged by someone else using the same terms, but in a few cases I added some that were original to me. I look forward to using the site in the future not only as a teacher, but for personal use. I enjoy traveling, camping and outdoor cooking and am always exploring sites about those things.

1 comment:

  1. Using it for cooking sites is my absolute favorite. We are so busy during the year (2 teacher/coach family) that I like to catch up on cooking in the summer.

    ReplyDelete