Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #4

I found reading the different blogs very interesting. One thing that is very evident is the different personalities and viewpoints of the blog writers. Some are very formal with careful punctuation and grammar (mostly teacher written), some just express the ideas given without stressing those things (student written) . Many of the blogs seem to be a type of editorial, with the opinions of the writers being expressed. Most of them seem to tackle big issues of the day such as technology problems within schools, environmental issues, and issues with education. There seems to be a good, healthy dialogue between the writers and those that give comments. However, some are just dialogue between students, or students and teachers. I enjoyed the blog done by the Elementary children on the story of the duck, and on a much different note, I enjoyed reading the blog written about some of the dangers of technology in the classroom because it made me really think about my students and situation. Of course that is the point of many of the blogs and one reason so many enjoy both reading and writing them.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading all the different blogs and getting ideas for next year. Then I read your comments about the dangers of technology and decided I needed to read it. It's alot to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that most of the comments were positive
    with a few exceptions. I think it's important to still have the human individual connections with our students. However, this method of communicating information and forming and expressing ideas can be so helpful especially to students who may not learn as well in a typical classroom "discussion" or lecture format.

    ReplyDelete