Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 23


Visit 23 Thingsters

I enjoyed looking around Ning. As I mentioned in the last post, I enjoy facebook a lot, but to have a site like that just for teachers is great. Granted, there are not a lot of music groups or even posts about music on the site, but I think that will get better as more people become aware of it. I enjoyed looking at a discussion thread about music technology. As you can tell from me taking this course, I am always looking for ways to improve my knowlege of technology and specifically music technology can certainly help me in the classroom. The thing about interactive sites like this (and of course all of web 2.0) is that it connects all of us across the country and the world. I like being able to interact and discuss something of interest to my classroom with a band director or music teacher in California, or Virginia, or Israel, or anyplace. The thing you realize is that even though we are in different areas, and sometimes different situations or socioeconomic circumstances, many of our problems are the same and the more we share ideas, the better we solve them and our students are better for that sharing and interacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment