Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 21

Google tools can be a lot of fun to work with. I am somewhat familiar with them because when I got this new laptop, the home page I began to use was google. Immediately, I made an iGoogle page with things of interest to me. I have weather, latest news from sources such a fox news, sports news from ESPN and sports illustrated, and things like that. Also, recently I have begun to use google maps. I did not know much about google maps, but begin to work with it when I was planning our vacation to Wyoming. I was able to plan out the route, get directions and approximate travel times for all of the trip. I can also use this application at work because we do travel a lot as a band and when I need directions to a stadium or school, it will help a lot. In fact, with the encouragement of my son, I downloaded google maps on my mobile phone and have had a lot of fun working with it and using it for directions while traveling. The other thing I chose to use for this assignment is Google alerts. I follow some sports teams for fun and one of them is the Dallas Cowboys. So I added them to my alert and it will be fun and interesting to see what information I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment