Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One More Thing

I have really enjoyed taking this course. Working with all of these tools is a lot of fun. Sometimes it certainly can be frustrating, but when you sit back, take a deep breath (or a break) and come back to the project, most of the time you figure it out and you have that huge sense of accomplishment. I am a "figure it out" kind of person anyway, so that fits me. I have enjoyed getting more familiar with tools and even terms that I have seen before but never know what it was or how to use it (such as RSS feeds, wow, what a cool tool). I was just talking to a friend and mentioned blogging and linking to a site, and they asked "you know how to link?" and I smiled and said, "absolutely!" :-) When I read the course description, I knew it would be a lot of work and take a lot of time ( and it was and it did!), but I knew it would be worth it. Many years ago when laptops first came out, I enrolled in a program where we did projects and lessons on computer and if we completed that course we could keep our laptops. I know that many people that took that course had to turn their laptops in, but I was determined to keep mine and I did! In fact, many of the things I learned in that course are the foundations to the technology skills that I do have today. This course reminded me of that and I knew going in what was in store, and I really enjoyed it. The only problem was that I had to take a two week vacation right in the middle, where I would not have access to the Internet, but I worked hard to get ahead where I could finish when I got back and here I am! Now that I have learned about the tools and am much more familiar with wiki's, blogs and such I want to keep using them. I am not completely sure exactly how, but I will work out the details between now and school starting in a few weeks. I have always been a person that hated to write, but I kind of enjoy blogging...hmmm. In closing, I want to thank those of you that spent a lot of time reading and keeping up with our assignments, I know that is not always an easy job. I can't take courses like this during the school year because of time commitments, but I look forward to many other offerings in technology during the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment